Monday, May 16, 2011

Making a house a home...

....is a work in progress.

These are just a few select pictures from the new crib. Things have been happening ever since I took these pictures about 10 days ago, but I wanted to give an overview of the place - the focus is on my favorite room, see if you can guess which one it is...


View from the front door to our shoes and jackets.
I'd like to point out that boy has more shoes than me on display.


View from the kitchen into the Dining room.
We now have a new table and chairs and it looks slightly different.

Corner of kitchen, we have a microwave!
We still need to hang the clock on the wall.

Stove and oven and cooking accessories.

I can't wait until I'm allowed into this cabinet again!

Welcome to a touch of Africa in our living room!


Boy souvenirs from Ghana. I am in love with the animals.

more souvenirs from Ghana.
I am even more in love with the 'African mother and child'
And a little bedroom teaser....



Overall, we have all the major things in place, but still need the finishing touches. We are finding pictures of 'us', friends, and family to hang on the wall, and looking for a nice collage-type frame for them. We have a few pictures/paintings for the bedroom, but still need to finalize the interior (we still need to fit a baby bed in there..).

And we are still deciding on something for the dining room wall. We are thinking possibly a NYC skyline or city picture, but if we go that direction I want to find the exact right picture. I'm still not sure if it's too overdone and cliche? My other thoughts included a GIANT clock on the wall. Or something REALLY colorful. hmm


4 comments:

  1. We have the same issue with our Dining Room. And it is painted red and white (a very nice red, too). I think we are thinking some kind of artwork of Baltimore (maybe like a street painting view of Fells Point, or something like that) to bring in a touch of home. But it's a decent size wall (and the only wall to really hang something on) AND it already has 2 hanging hooks in the center of it. At some point when I find my camera I will have some pics up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baltimore artwork would be cool too! But boy doesn't really have the same connection to the Bmore, which is why we were considering NYC.

    We were also thinking of maybe three pictures together - like NYC, Bmore, and DC (since they are also 3 places we have gone together).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elsker soveværelset.. Dejligt lyst og hyggeligt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mange tak, Mette. Jeg er også selv helt forelsket i det - det er bare saa dejlig hvidt, lyst, og roligt =)

    ReplyDelete