Monday, May 16, 2011

It makes me feel a little angry inside

Spent the morning on campus, turning in the introduction, thesis, and literature list for my final in Project Management. I then took advantage of being in the area to stop by Bilka (what I like to call the Danish Target equivalent) to pick up those essential items that you can only get at a place like Bilka or Target!

Whenever I go shopping, I can't help but stop by the baby departments. I'm really, really, really trying to limit my purchases and buy things on sale. - and to only buy things that I really like or are really necesary. It seems that I've perfected the practice of walking around, checking prices and clothes and yet only buying a few items. This is good. I like perusing the clothes and finding a good deal, and figuring out exactly what I still need in different sizes.

However - look at these pictures and tell me if you find anything just a little wrong:






Think this is bad? I also fell in love with these little bodystocking with Winnie the Pooh:

You can't really tell, but the body is a pale pink and comes in a set of two.
The other one is a darker shade of pink.
 
The only problem is: Pink is probably the only color Little Dude will not be wearing until the day he can pick out his own clothing and decides pink is the right fit for him. Not matter how enlightened I like to believe I am, I still have a mental block ainst the color pink on a boy- mostlyy because I'm afraid he will hate me when he gets older.

The boy choices just weren't as cute, and I'm really just not that big a fan of the velour:


I'm sorry for the quality of these photos.
They were taken with my cell phone.

This is my favorite part:




If you don't understand the Danish -I'd like to point out that 'pige' means girl and 'drenge' means boy. Yes, that's right, they've even labeled the clothe diapers/burpclothes and the towels by sex so that you remember to buy the correct color for your child!

WHY is it impossible to find non-gendered clothing - what's wrong with green, yellow, red?

Out of downright protest, I bought this:


Supposedly 'girly' clothe diapers for my little boy.

Even though it was labeled as being the color "girl". Haha! And besides, purple can also be super manly - it's the color of the Ravens!

2 comments:

  1. Real men aren't afraid of wearing purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute cute :) Jeg elsker uglerne. OG BTW glem alt om det kønshysteri Bilka kører.
    Du vil elske det nye GRØNNE outfit jeg har købt til little dude :)

    Glæder mig til at se dig om 2 mdr, muttes

    ReplyDelete