Friday, May 27, 2011

Are you afraid of the dark?

I mean, it's not that I'm afraid of the dark. No, definately not. It's just that I don't like to watch scary movies. In fact, I actively choose not to watch them. I also find myself avoiding shows like CSI when I'm home alone. It's just because... you know, they seem so much more real when you're home alone and your brain has been filled with rapists, gangfights, ghosts, burglars, murderers, and hauntings....

Like last night, the highlight of my night should have been spending the evening with the girls, eating lasagna and watching the Paradise Finale (and it was, really!). But then we accidentally watched "Ånderne - Vender Tilbage" - a show about people who feel haunted in thieir homes and then a medium visits them and knows all this crap about them and then gets rid of the ghosts, usually - and I definately don't believe in that stuff. It's kind of like horoscopes, natural remedies and stuff.

I really want not to believe in it. My brain knows that statistics and so on tells me that it's just not real - like the medium on the show definately could just have known about this family since she was from the area. They were probably just being robbed. et Cetera. et Cetera.

For some reason though, I still found myself avoiding getting up and going to the bathroom last night when I woke up at about 3 AM. Do you know how hard that is for a pregnant lady?

So yeah. I'm definately not afraid of the dark. Just the scary things that hide in the dark. And ghosts. Even thought they totally don't exist.


In other news, tomorrow I get to play aunt Christine to my adorable little nieces. Yippity Yay.

1 comment:

  1. Jeg var lige ved at holde op med at læse dit blogindlæg, da du nævnte det show. Haha. Jeg er hysterisk angst for alt der hedder ånder, og var ved at bide hovedet af min kæreste da han forleden kom til at slå over på det. Fyyyha!

    ReplyDelete