Thursday, June 2, 2011

On being co-dependent

I really don't consider myself a person who is or becomes codependent in a relationship. You know, I like to believe that I am an individual,  can take care of myself, enjoy my own company, yada yada.

Last night, I was home alone for the first time in our new apartment. Like, really home alone, all night. I've spent lots of time home alone while ironboyfriend goes to school, to work, and on ridiculously long bike rides. But never all afternoon, all evening, all night, all morning.... and I'm still waiting for him to come home to me!

I was surprisingly not that scared of being home alone - (which I usually am! - at least a little tiny bit)  - but it was still wierd to go to sleep all by myself and wake up by myself again. I guess we slowly become codependent without even noticing it when you live together - when you're used to going to sleep next to each other, talking to each other all the time, having coffee together in the morning, waking up to morning breath and racoon-face. Ahhh. Now hurry and come home, we have to get the apartment ready for your mom to visit!


This picture has nothing to do with the rest of the post.
Except that I want one.
A giant Margarita from Chevy's.
Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment