Wednesday, June 8, 2011

All quiet here

Yup, nothing truly exciting is happening these days and my brain is in such a fog that I can't even remember any small episodes that may have been funny to write about.

Monday we were told to expect this giant storm with lots of rain, thunder, and lightning. I was super excited. I pretty much planned the day so that I could stay at home and watch the storm. Ironic, since normally storms scare the living bejeezus out of me. But here, where it never storms, tornadoes are virtually impossible, and the forecasts are rarely correct - I was excited for Denmark to show me some moves. What happened? nada. Nothing. It rained a little. There were a few lightning bolts and some thunder from far, far away.

It never cooled down. So yeah, I'm still sitting here having hot flashes like some menopausal lady. It could be a long long hot summer.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, looks like the low pressure is more over the UK at the moment, and the most likely area to form rain and storms is still off of your West coast. Actually, mroe so off of you East Coast judging by upper air models, and your CAPE (Connective Available Potential Energy) is very low (the higher the more potential for severe weather).And if you want some wicked storms, you want the atmosphere to be unstable as high up as possible so air parcels can rise higher, which requires stronger updrafts which in turn can create some pretty good storms. Damn it has been too long since college. Had to clear way too many cobwebs. either way, hope it cools down at some point for you! Looks like there is a trough in the jet stream (meaning it pushed more arctic air into the region) about 500-600 miles to the east of you...the jet stream will eventually migrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my dear daughter…. Yes know you do not like storms. Do you remember Florida? I know you do!
    But talking about storms…… THAT was some storms….. I have to admit (don’t tell anyone) that I was scared some time too!

    ReplyDelete