Monday, June 27, 2011

Amme undervisning - Breast Feeding Class

Yup, today was the first day or preporatory classes for this whole birthing thing I'm supposed to be doing in about 2 months (2 months? really?). I may personally still be in denial about something ever being able to come out, you know... down there. But I guess it's gotta happen....

Anyway, breast feeding class. I was dissapointed. I was kind of secretly hoping that we would be playing with dolls and practicing feeding positions and stuff. But no. We just sat at a U-shaped table cluster and listened to a sort of lecture on breast feeding and stuff. I guess it was interesting - but nothing really new on the table for me anyway.

I tend to over research stuff and diligently do my 'homework' (as long as it's not for school...) So I have been dutifully reading all the brochures and the books. "What to expect when you're expecting.." and "Graviditet, fødsel, og den nye familie" as well as daily update emails from min-mave.dk.... ahem.

But yeah. Starting next week and then all through July we'll be partaking in 'Birthing and family preparations classes' and hopefully they will have more interesting things to offer.

1 comment:

  1. Jeg har det lidt på samme måde.. Jeg har læst SÅ meget på nettet og i bøger, og derudover ved jeg jo fra studiet en fandens masse om barnets psykiske udvikling osv. Derfor har vi også valgt kun at tage et kursus i selve fødsel-delen :) Det skal så nok blive spændende, håber dog det er med vejrtrækningsøvelser, og ikke bare noget hvor man skal sidde passivt og lytte :)

    ReplyDelete