Friday, April 8, 2011

Excuse the baby spamming today! I'm not gonna lie, babies and pregnancy and all things related are occupying my brain. They've set up tents and it looks like their planning to stay for a while. Pregnancy brain already? Possibly. But it's just such a life-changing event in my (our) lives that it's probably very natural that it takes over almost every aspect of my thoughts.

Two days ago I finished my first real knitting project




The above little blanket was a learning project, and so it is full of small mistakes. I've gotten alot more comfortable with the needles, with changing yarn and colors, and with "purling" (excuse my poor english knitting vocabulary. "At strikke vrang")

I have now started my second knitting project. It is another blanket, but this time following a pattern from here. It's called a "sunny baby blanket" and it's technically supposed to be yellow. You can google your way to more recipes and pictures of the blanket. It seems like an appropriate difficulty level.




I chose to knit in blue. The lighting is making is look much more light/baby blueish. In real life, it is a darker and more turquoise-ey

My cousin bought me baby clothes in Thailand that she sent me pictures of:




Cute stuff right? I have a feeling this will be one spoiled baby!

Anyway, we are currently very anxiously and not so patiently awaiting Tuesday and our next ultrasound scan. Tuesday will hopefully be the day we find out the sex of little dude(ette).

Tonight is date night for no reason other than "we feel like it." We (I) cook dinner and eat together most nights, but tonight we are making homemade burgers with guacamole and homebaked buns, and then we are going to the movies to see "Superclasico" - a Danish movie that is supposed to be quite entertaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment