Friday, March 18, 2011

CRAVE!

One of the most well known pregnancy 'symptoms' are the odd cravings. It is one of two main questions:

1. Have you been feeling sick, have you had morning sickness?
2. Have you had any odd cravings?

"Cravings"
I wouldn't describe them so much as cravings so much as things that just taste really good these days. They are all food items that I already like/love, but that I just REALLY like now.

Avocado
I always loved avocado. Apparently my mom ate alot of them when she was pregnant with me. I like to eat them plain, I like to eat them in salad, I like to eat them on toast, I like to eat them as a part of a tomato sandwich - it's just plain delicious.

Cheese - especially stinky cheese and blue cheese
Cheese really isn't the worth craving to have since it counts as part of my dairy/calcium requirements, but I'm technically not really supposed to eat unpasteurized cheese and moldy cheeses. Sometimes I cheat and do so anyway - it's the one thing I do that I'm not really supposed to - and I am perfectly okay with it.

Rice, potatoes, bread - starch?
This may have to do with the "plain food" thing that some people talk about - that they only want to eat plain pasta or toast with butter. I haven't had any problems with spices and flavor, but starches are especially delicious these days.



"Things I don't like"
Some people describe certain foods that made them gag throughout their pregnancy. This kind of changes for me from day to day. Sometimes I just really don't feel like eating chicken, or I start eating a salad and suddenly don't really like the tomatoes. The next day I have no problems with tomatoes nor with the chicken.

Sushi
Even though I love Sushi, the thought of sushi has made me somewht queesy lately. I'm not supposed to eat raw fish anyway, so I guess it's a good thing that I'm not craving sushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment