Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cinnamon theme!

In Denmark, there are a alot of fun traditions for birthdays and anniversaries that are quite different from in the US.
There is a long tradition for calling the 30th birthday of an unmarried person the “pepper birthday” or “pepper bachelor/oldmaid.” You do all kinds of things with pepper and also give them pepper as a gift.

A newer tradition is that of calling the 25th birthday the cinnamon birthday. This is a much newer tradition, probably thought up by young Danes who just wanted to have some extra fun and an extra excuse for a big party.

Boy recently turned 25 (aka old). So of course, I couldn’t let the opportunity pass to 'give him cinnamon' - Christine Style!

Cinnamon is really messy and stinky though, so I don’t really like the idea of throwing cinnamon around and making a mess with it. This is actually what alot of people do - they throw it around, put it in stuff that explodes - lots of grossness. Also, since I am younger, I don’t want to get the cinnamon back 10 times worse than I gave it.

So instead, I decided to bake and make foods with cinnamon. Lucky you, I'm sharing my recipes and pictures....

*Spice cookies*
Brown sugar
1 egg
100 gr butter
250 gr flour
Cinnamon
Baking powder
Vanilla
salt


















*Oatmeal raisin cookies* DELICIOUS*

125 gr sugar
225gr brown sugar
200 gram butter
Milk
Cinnamon
Baking powder
Flour
Raisins
Oatmeal







1 comment:

  1. aww you're sooo cute!! How was boy's birthday??? Will you make Matt lots of cinnamon treats next year when he turns 'old'?

    ReplyDelete