Sunday, February 12, 2012

A new love...

The delicate and beautiful design of Royal Copenhagens 'Musselmalet' caught my eye last year, and I still can't quite let it go.



all photos courtesy Illums bolighus

It is ridiculously overpriced and impractical, since it is handpainted and doesn't go in the dishwasher. It also fits horribly with our 'red' kitchen theme, and my other love (red Le Creuset).

I own one serving dish (a 'pasta plate') from RC, although I very rarely use it for fear of it breaking. It was a gift, of course, and it may be one of the most cherished items in my kitchen. There is just something about the luxury and quality that makes my heart go all aflutter.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christine!
    I so totally agree with you! Expensive and does´nt fit with anything else – but still, I love it! I inherited a musselmalet teapot from my grandma. Although I never use it, it is a great piece of porcelain that decorates in my living room.

    ReplyDelete