Thursday, August 11, 2011

an impatient status update

Tomorrow I reach 38 weeks, so I guess really I should just wait and write tomorrow. I'll do my best to actually post some picture tomorrow. I promise! (to do my best, that is...)

Anyway. I am as big and round as ever, but have luckily only grown a few more small stretchmarks. The hole that used be meant for a belly button ring is all stretched and red and I am pretty sure it will never look the same. 

Little Dude is nice and active and kicking and moving (more moving than kicking, really). 

Today I returned from the last part of this years Summer Vacation - affectionately nicknamed 'Tour de Danmark rundt' - since it has taken me to Aarhus, Billund, Sønderborg (x2), København, and Thy. This last short trip was to celebrate the 30th birthday of my sister-in-law. I'm pretty sure some people thought I was crazy to be about 4 hours from home this close to my due date, but honestly, all distractions have been welcome lately. I may as well admit it: I'm kind of bored most of the time. 

We're pretty much ready for the baby. We have clothes (although it's hard to know exactly how much you really need?), the bed is ready, etc. We need a few small items, but nothing urgent that would be needed the first day. And I've heard a rumour that it's still possible to leave the house and do some shopping even after you have the baby....

I'm still eternally happy and thankful and blessed (and all those wonderful words) to have had such a complication-free pregnancy. I know it could take another 4 weeks - but so far, I've only gained about 9 kg and I'm not swollen or filled with water.

 I have trouble sleeping, I'm tired and hot all the time and ridiculously thirsty. But that's also about it. I mean - my hips can be a bit sore every now and then. The floor seems really far away. Sitting in the same position can be uncomfortable over a longer period of time. I have to pee pretty much nonstop. But overall I'm not bothered. 

Either way - I'm still ready for him to get out of there, so please feel welcome any time!

1 comment:

  1. Dejligt indlæg at læse! Tænk det er snart. Synes det er i går jeg begyndte at følge din blog og du ikke var så langt henne endnu. Får vi lov at se den lille til den tid?

    Men jeg har, ligesom dig, haft det rimelig ukompliceret, og det er rart. Så må vi krydse fingre for, at vores fødsler også bliver ukomplicerede ;)

    Jeg er i hvert fald super spændt på dine vegne! Tænk du har termin lige om et øjeblik :)

    ReplyDelete