Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pretty sure I have the easiest baby in the world!

I have tons of things to write about, but no time and no energy - and sometimes some other priorities. But we are all well, alive, and thriving.

My little Dude now weighs 6 kg and is 63 cm. Well actually, those were his latest measurements taken 9 days ago. For comparison his birth stats were 3.85 kg and 53 cm. Today he is 7 weeks old.

 He is so good at holding his head and likes having belly time to train his neck and back. He can lift himself up on his elbows and now we are practicing going up on our hands! He is very alert and has started smiling and laughing. It is truly the greatest sound in the world to hear his little laugh and see his eyes light up at us.

Sleeping and eating is going well. I don't want to write how much he sleeps for fear of jinxing it. Suffice it to say that I am more than satisfied. It is really amazing how much sleep means for happiness/energy levels. The first many weeks were tough - really tough. With a baby waking up every 3 hours during the night.... and learning to 'sleep when the baby sleeps' - is difficult!

As far as eating goes, he still eats alot. All the time. We are 100% breast feeding which is going really really well and I am so happy it is working as well as it is. Only sometimes I wish Daddy could take over... He has, a few times, with a bottle that I've filled during the day.

Just a little update from here. I have to go tend to a baby that is supposed to be sleeping (I am trying to teach bedtimes and the differnet between night and day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment