Thursday, April 29, 2010

just thinking

I suppose there are lots of 'funny' and random little things about knowing two languages and living in different countries and moving alot. But here's my story of the day (disclaimer, it's a real 'Christine' story):
I was sitting outside in the sunshine, just enjoying the sun and the heat and the fact that it nearly hit 20c today. Too cold for a bathing suit but perfect for shorts and a t-shirt and a blanket on the ground (I would have been too shy and self-conscious to wear a bathing suit anyway). There are lots of other 'kids' around me. Some playing volleyball, viking/king game, petanque, etc, some drinking beer, and some, like me, just sitting or laying out on blankets and sucking it all in.
Suddenly, I saw Wes! Yea, Wes Blue Moose (comment if you read this, I don't think you do though)!! Casually, I thought to myself  'oh, there's Wes, that's nice, he probably wants to enjoy the nice weather too."
Then, I thought. "Wait a minute. Wes is in Florida. I'm in Denmark. That can't be right."
Obviously, it wasn't actually Wes, it was just a look-alike. Man, was I dissapointed. I could use some more Wes (and other brothelites) in my life. The funny thing is, though, that this is something that happens and has happened, alot. I am always seeing people I 'know' and then realizing that they are on a different continent than me. I guess it is just confusing for my poor brain to keep people separated like that. Maybe sometimes it is just wishful thinking that I could collect the people I love and want to hang out with in one place.

Yes, this is a special kind of crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment